The Metal Element – White and light pastels: items made from rock, stone, and metals of all kinds; circular, oval, and arched shapes. Enhances mental acuity and independence, and strengthens presence of mind, even in times of stress.
Color is a very powerful Ch’i enhancement when it inspires and nurtures you. Use the colors associated with the Bagua Map or the Five Elements only when you personally find them appealing. As your color preferences change, be sure to bring your new choices into your home via flowers, fabrics, and other decorative items.
The Water Element – Black and very dark colors; water features; items made from mirror, crystal, and glass; asymmetrical, free-form shapes; art depicting bodies of water. Enhances spirituality, inspiration, relaxation and the ability to go with the flow.
The Fire element activates leadership qualities and kindles healthy emotional interactions between people. Too much Fire in an environment stimulates or amplifies aggression, impatience, and impulsive behavior, while too little Fire can promote emotional darkness or coldness.
The Fire element is found in:
· lighting, including electric, oil, candles, fireplaces, and natural sunlight.
· items from animals, such as fur, suede, leather, bone, feathers, silk, and wool
· pets and wildlife.
· art portraying people or animals.
· art depicting sunshine, fire, or other illumination.
· triangles, pyramids, and cone shapes.
· all red tones, including pink, red orange, magenta, and maroon.
The Water element enhances spirituality, inspiration, relaxation, and the ability to go with the flow. Too much Water in an environment can promote spaciness and diminish productivity, while too little Water encourages stress, rivalry, anxiety, pettiness, and sarcasm.
The Water element is found in:
· streams, pools, fountains, and water features of all kinds.
· reflective surfaces such as cut crystal, glass, and mirrors.
· flowing, free-form, and asymmetrical shapes.
· art portraying bodies of water.
· black and all dark tones, such as charcoal gray and navy blue.